Monday, 22 August 2011
SSFIVAE: Adon Bug
For some reason Adon's super has a very odd quirk. I have to assume that this is due to a programming oversight.
Firstly, huge thanks to Windalfr for pointing out what I initially thought was a training mode only oddity. Even though this has been present since SSFIV, it seems the situation it arises from is so incredibly rare, that no-one had discovered across it until now. It's certainly not the kind of thing you would have any reason to test.
A run down of what's happening in the video
1. When the 3rd hit of Adon's HP super connects, everything is normal. However, as a counter-hit, instead of causing the standard counter-hit reel animation, it in fact forces a standing normal from the opponent.
2. Showing standing MP & MK
3. Some characters like El Fuerte have so much start up on st. MK that it can't become active quickly enough to interupt Adon, causing a 2nd counter hit.
4. The game for some reason still considers you to be in hit stun. So, cancelling the normal into a special gives you a reversal message.
5. You can even go into a full combo from the forced normal.
6. The initial, deliberately mysterious video posted a few days ago. Confirming that it isn't training mode only.
Dantarion was kind enough to provide actual 'move data' evidence that, for some reason, the 3rd hit of Adon's super, on counter-hit, actually gives the instruction '5MK' (neutral medium kick) instead of 'Damage' (which would be the standard 'hurt animation'). Very odd, but what's even stranger is that you can actually force a standing medium punch too. As error1 points out, this is possibly related to your distance from Adon when the super connects.
Music: Q remix by desk
Thanks to error1 for the additional footage