Sunday, 15 April 2012
Skullgirls is fun!
I've never played any guilty gear/blazblue style games for more than a couple of minutes, so getting used to the feel of this game and trying to figure out what is actually possible took a little while. It really payed off though because I've found the game to be really fun. This is in no small part due to it's awesome soundtrack and visuals. It actually reminds me of outrun, in the sense that it doesn't need to be engaging the whole time, I found that just taking in the stage backgrounds and listening to the music while coming up with stuff or practicing a combo was surprisingly fun. Of course, the game is super engaging when you're actually fighting or trying to nail some difficult set-up but it's not the only thing that kept me playing.
1. j.HP, cr.LK-cr.MK xx jump, j.MP-j.MK [restand], st.MP [stagger], j.HK, cr.LP-cr.MP-st.HP xx LK-run xx stop, st.LP-MP-HP xx dp+HK
j.HK, st.MP [stagger], j.HK, st.MK-crHP xx j.HP, st.LK-cr.HP xx j.MK-HP, st.LP-cr.HP xx j.MP-MK-HP, cr.LP-cr.HP xx j.LK-MP-MK, st.MP-crHP xx j.LP-MP-MK, cr.MP-cr.HP xx dp+LP+LK xx qcf+PP (ground bounce), cr.MK-cr.HP xx dp+LP+LK xx qcf+PP
3. j.MP-HP, cr.LK-cr.MK xx jump, j.LK-HK, cr.LK-cr.MK xx jump, j.MP-MK [restand], st.MP [stagger] run + MK, cr.HP xx jump, j.LP x5, cr.LP-MP-HP xx run xx stop, st.LP-MP-HP xx dp+HP
st.LP-MP-HP xx run xx stop, cr.LP-MP-HP xx run xx stop, cr.LP-MP-HP xx run xx stop, st.LP-MP-HP xx qcb+PP
5. Using super armor to absorb an infinite escape and punish with an air brag. This cannot be mashed out of or blocked from my testing and can only be escaped with a reversal air super. Of course, this set-up relies on your opponent bursting at the earliest available opportunity. Still, interesting to note.
[from the st.MP that triggers IPS]... st.MP xx run [absorb 1 hit] xx stop, jump, j.qcf+LP+LK
cr.MK xx dp+MP, cr.MK xx dp+MP, cr.MK xx dp+MP, st.LK-cr.MK xx dp+MP, st.LP-cr.MK xx dp+MP, dash, cr.LK-cr.MK xx dp+MP, cr.MP xx qcf+PP
7. A variation on combo number one, demonstrating the ability to get 2 supers midscreen. I was mash teching P2 with my feet during this clip to make sure it was legit. If the cr.LP is a frame or 2 later, it is techable.
8. Was super happy when I finally landed this combo. Took so much planning!!
j.HP, cr.MP-cr.HP xx dp+LP+LK xx qcf+PP, cr.HK xx dp+MP, cr.LK-cr.MK xx dp+MP, st.MK-cr.HP xx jump, j.HP, st.LK-cr.HP xx jump, j.MP-MK-HP, st.LP-cr.HP xx jump, j.LP-MP-MK, st.MP xx dp+MP, cr.LP-cr.MK xx dp+MP, cr.MP-cr.HP xx jump, j.LK-MP-MK, dp+LP
9. All 3 Supers!
j.HK, st.HP xx qcb+PP, cr.MP-cr.HP xx jump, LPx6, st.LP-LP-MP-cr.HP xx dp+LP+LK xx qcf+PP, cr.LP-cr.HP xx jump, j.HP, cr.MK xx jump, j.MP-MK [restand], st.MP [stagger] 360+LP+LK